• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 beachlovers

beachlovers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:25 AM

Today got four very strange messages saying they had posted on yolisto containing gibberish from unknown users. The messages were about medical information and containing links. I did not click on the links and checked the forum and there were no such postings. Please check on this as it seems to be a spamming or phishing attempt. Thank you.

#2 Jardinero

Jardinero

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:37 PM

The messages were deleted.

My wife is an angel! "Lucky you", said my boss, "mine is still alive"

#3 YolistoKhaki

YolistoKhaki

Veteran

• Administrators
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

Wow... we get tons of spam every day. Ya'll never see it because I clear it out, usually twice a day. Well - yesterday, I had clicked the little boxes by 4 messages and, instead of hitting "delete," I hit "approve." They were only in the forum long enough for me to find and delete them. Hard to believe they were able to get PMs to members that fast. 

I'm going to claim "rented fingers" yesterday and promise to be more careful about making sure I'm hitting the right thing from now on.

But you are so right... never EVER click on any link in any message or e-mail that comes from anyone you don't know... and, even if you do know them, if all they send you is an e-mail with only a link in it, I'll betcha money a hacker got into their e-mail and sent it. So be very careful about clicking on anything you didn't know was coming - especially during the holidays.

#4 beachlovers

beachlovers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:09 PM

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users