• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 YolistoKhaki

YolistoKhaki

Veteran

• Administrators
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:16 PM

Last year, an anti-gay bigot (as described in the news) tried to get a license to marry his laptop computer in Houston and was turned down. Now, he has applied again in Utah and has been turned down again. Most of the reasons are because the definition of marriage has not been expanded in that state. I like the last reason: "and anyway... the legal age for marriage in Utah is 15 and his laptop is underage."

what say you? 

Me - I say the whole world is nuts... LOL

#2 lencho

lencho

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

Me - I say the whole world is nuts... LOL

More so every day. I'm at the point where I just hope the real loonies keep their fingers off their respective buttons till after I've departed the scene... :wacko:

#3 Bart

Bart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:22 AM

I  like to think I live in the middle, not too happy with Politics of any kind, anymore.  I get to where I don't want to read the headlines anymore.  Is it I am getting smarter or are the radicals just getting more extreme?  Or maybe it's just old age.

#4 JMcCue

JMcCue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

Who signed the application for the license?  

How would the computer answer the vows?  

This is just a sensation-seeker looking for his bit of publicity. "Reductio ad absurdum" doesn´t mean acting like a fool to prove whatever point you are trying to make. 

#5 Dave_in_Ont

Dave_in_Ont

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

I love my beautiful car and my laptop and my smartphone!!! Would I want to marry them? Nah...if they got a hint that I might be "trading them in for a younger model", all of them would quit working!!!  :D 

Driving Through Mexico

Eleven years snow free, and still counting on my luck!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users