• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jodiefil

Jodiefil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:03 PM

I finally made it down here. It was a LONG drive, but mostly without incident. I've been here about 10 days and am feeling more at home, now that I'm getting my household set up in Chelem.

No that thing are calming down, I realize that I need a haircut and style in a big way. Can anyone recommend a salon or stylist? I'd prefer it to be in Progreso, but for a good, reasonably priced cut and style, I'd drive to Merida.

Any suggestions?

#2 Dave_in_Ont

Dave_in_Ont

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

I'm sure you will get many recommendations from several folks.....

Our favourite gal is Isabel. Her shop is on Calle 78 between 27 and 25 on the west side of the street. There is an off-street parking lot opposite from her, which is handy. There is a sidewalk kiosk directly in front of her shop so you have to just step around it to get into her shop.

We have used her for 20 years and we are very happy with her service. She offers cuts, styling, colouring, plus other stuff like manicures and pedicures. She also speaks perfect English if that is important.

Driving Through Mexico

Eleven years snow free, and still counting on my luck!!!

#3 Jodiefil

Jodiefil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for the quick response! Do you have a number where I can reach Isabel? Not being familiar with Mexican "salon etiquette," does Isabel accept drop ins without appointments? I am certainly interested in giving her a try?

#4 Dave_in_Ont

Dave_in_Ont

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:38 AM

No problem with walk-ins. Sorry, I don't have a number.

Driving Through Mexico

Eleven years snow free, and still counting on my luck!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users