Photo

Starting To Panic...arriving In Merida After 7 Pm With A Carry On Dog?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mlpatari

mlpatari

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

We have everything set to relocate to the Yucatan with our dog. Have done all the required documents, vet checks, purchased an appropriate carry on soft crate and trained our 10 lb papillon to stay in it. Purchased his flight ticket. Thought we covered everything. THEN it happened. I am reading on forums about pet customs closing for the evening in the airport! We arrive after 7. Can anyone with experience tell me about this? Where do they keep the dogs til they open again? Help!

#2 judy

judy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:01 AM

where are you flying in to--Cancun or Merida?

#3 mlpatari

mlpatari

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:27 PM

We are flying into Merida from Houston. Thank you for any help you can offer on this topic!

#4 judy

judy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:04 AM

I think Merida is easier for pets than Cancun, but this is second hand info from friends--anyone out there who can answer this with good info?

#5 Bart

Bart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

I don't have experience with the Merida airport, but in the Cancun airport they could care less about looking at the dog or the dogs papers.

#6 esoller

esoller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

We came from the US with a pet a few weeks ago. We had our cat traveling as luggage.
We got her back in Marida from the conveyor belt as our other piece of luggages.
We walked to the exit and were directed to the custom agent that checked our cart's papers and told us we were going to receive an email within a few days with the entry permit for the cat which we did.
It was a bit after 5 pm and I don't think it was any special custom agents that did the checkin, it was a table at the end of the custom area with two agents.
For us it was a simple formality.

#7 Bart

Bart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

So have you and your dog arrived yet? Just curious about the adventure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users