Hello all, we are traveling to Merida in a couple of weeks, staying very close to Plaza de Armas for a visit of about 7 days. My wife and I are getting to the age where we are traveling around to find someplace nice to retire. We are interested in knowing a couple of things if anyone might have any suggestions:
1. I have a car rental through Budget right now but I have read that there is a very good company in Merida who rents and they are very good to their customers if there are any issues. Would anyone have any suggestions? I read on one of the forums about this company but I didn't write it down when I read about it and now I cannot find it.
2. Any must see's when we are there? Things that we would be very sorry for missing.
3. I really don't have any questions about crime or anything like that since we do travel a lot we are aware of the musts of being a traveler.
4. We are fluent in Spanish so we are not concerned with that aspect either.
5. We might want to look at some investment properties while we are there and if we do does anyone have any good honest brokers or agents they can suggest?
6. Any good birding experiences to be had there? I know that there are a fantastic amount of birds but any region that is a must for a birder?
7. Anything I am neglecting to ask? I am trying to get up to speed on this forum but time isn't my friend right now so I am trying to do as much as I can in the short amount of time I can alot myself to research.
Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions any one might be able to throw out. We are staying very close to Plaza de Armas and will have a car.