46 replies to this topic

#1 stiffbrit

stiffbrit

Expert

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

When owners of a popular local eatery drop in to a newly opened bar & restaurant, then walk in to that establishments kitchen to berate the young local woman who has worked for them for the last 4yrs & finally quit because of the constant stress & abuse they piled upon her. She finds another job & they verbally harass her & drive her to tears in her new employ, this because she refused to come back & work for them! do they think people here are slaves that they can control at whim?. Business owners such as this will give us Gringos a bad name, before long they may tend to see us all in the same light.

governing myself accordingly:biggrin:

#2 Dave_in_Ont

Dave_in_Ont

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

Sounds very mysterious and "hush hush" Paul?.  :ph34r:  

Who are the owners of "a popular local eatery" and what is the "newly opened bar & restaurant"?

Do we have to wait until we return to Chelem in October to get the real story?

As Jim in Chelem usually says   "Just name the names?"

I can understand you, obviously, being annoyed at a situation that occurred, but without mentioning any names, there is no real point to the post.

Driving Through Mexico

Eleven years snow free, and still counting on my luck!!!

#3 stiffbrit

stiffbrit

Expert

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:31 AM

The new bar & restaurant is El MARtini, formally Lizard Joe's,in chelem,  (much improved you'll like it) I am not naming the couple in the faint hope they may apologize to those concerned & be forever recalcitrant, especially since they now will grow to realize what a mainstay to their business she was. It shouldn't be too hard to guess who I'm talking about. :angry:

#4 bk85

bk85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

The new bar & restaurant is El MARtini, formally Lizard Joe's,in chelem,  (much improved you'll like it) I am not naming the couple in the faint hope they may apologize to those concerned & be forever recalcitrant, especially since they now will grow to realize what a mainstay to their business she was. It shouldn't be too hard to guess who I'm talking about. :angry:

What no more Lizard Joe's?

#5 stiffbrit

stiffbrit

Expert

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

No, but the place has been revamped now with good barmen & cook, they will also have live bands performing.

#6 Joanne

Joanne

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

Paul, did anyone stand up and put a stop to the verbal harassment yesterday? Were the abusers tossed out on their ear? 

If anyone (hopefully the owners at El Martini) stood up and defended her, then she will realize not all foreigners are like that. 

OASIS DEL MAR VACATION RENTALS

https://www.homeaway...-rental/p212447  Progreso

#7 stiffbrit

stiffbrit

Expert

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

No, for the most part this happened while the owners were at the other side of the restaurant & the abusers waited for that moment, I think left of their own accord. Sara has worked for many of us gringos since we met her & employed her at Tacomaya, she has always been extremely honest, sensitive & shy, she is also sensible enough to know that we are not all like that. These people will now tell lies about her to defend themselves and continue to do so, (if lying were an olympic event they could represent Canada) The new owners Of EL MARtini know who is telling the truth as do I.

#8 shadow1326

shadow1326

Super Advanced

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:43 AM

Is Lizard Joes no more?

#9 ChuckD

ChuckD

Trivia Hall of Famer

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:57 AM

Is Lizard Joes no more?

=====

Correct.  The location has been renamed and has new owners

OASIS DEL MAR VACATION RENTALS
https://www.homeaway...-rental/p212447 Progreso

#10 jiminchelem

jiminchelem

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:59 AM

A few changes...... no more uncomfortable picnic tables, a bigger bar in the middle, and it's been painted bright colors!

#11 stiffbrit

stiffbrit

Expert

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

Oh cmon Jim, experienced barmen & a good cook, more than a few changes.

#12 jiminchelem

jiminchelem

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:50 PM

Paul had experienced barmen (most the time) and his food was good.  

The big difference is it (El MARtini) feels more like an American bar now instead of a restaurant.

#13 ELNIDO

ELNIDO

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:40 PM

The big difference is it (El MARtini) feels more like an American bar now instead of a restaurant.

---------------------

I agree with that ... Lizard Joe's felt like a restaurant and El MAR-tini feels more like a bar.

#14 bk85

bk85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

---------------------

I agree with that ... Lizard Joe's felt like a restaurant and El MAR-tini feels more like a bar.

Not sure I like that.

#15 shadow1326

shadow1326

Super Advanced

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

Where did lizard joe go?

#16 jiminchelem

jiminchelem

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:07 PM

Nowhere, they just have some stuff going on in the states that is requiring at least one of them be there right now.

So for now they are leasing the building.

#17 stiffbrit

stiffbrit

Expert

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:30 AM

Cmon get real, first of all this post was about a business treating their staff with contempt then most of you are only concerned with is Lizard Joe's open or is EL MARtini a bar or restaurant! :angry:  get a grip & get your priorities right. Since when did Lizard joes ever feel like a restaurant? you sat on rock hard benches & were served so/so food at best, with bar staff not knowing how to mix a drink! now you have very capable barmen a good bar & excellent food. What part of that don't you like? The place is new & will still have to decide which direction it is going to take but at present it is way better than its predecessor  :P

#18 stiffbrit

stiffbrit

Expert

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:34 AM

And Jiminchelem you lost any respect as a food critic from me at the mention of cheezwhiz :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  & Lizard Joe's barmen knew which beer was which nothing more.

#19 lencho

lencho

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:57 AM

And Jiminchelem you lost any respect as a food critic from me at the mention of cheezwhiz :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:.

======================

This from the man that bragged about his Maseca tamales... :P

#20 stiffbrit

stiffbrit

Expert

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:56 AM

Maseca Tamales? Burritos yes, I never made Maseca tamales as much as I love them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users