2 replies to this topic

#1 missingmerida

missingmerida

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:17 AM

Hello 

Having come back from our second house hunting trip we are considering the purchase of a house on Calle 61, in la Mejorada past the Arco de los Dragones, a block or two away from the power station and the to be developed La Plancha site. 

A block behind us is Eladios with it's lively Cuban sounds and in the block where the house is situated are a few offices on the corner. 

My question, or any advice that can be provided, is related to how to determine if the zone presently is classified as mixed use, if this would likely change with the development of the La Plancha (need to provide more coffee shops for people visiting etc), and where might I find this info via a Government office etc. Also is there any public consultation to object to a proposed bar. 

I know this is Mexico after all and things can changed in a blink of an eye or not be done by the book, but as this is a slight concern of ours then I just thought I'd throw it out there. It would be devastating if we bought, renovated and created our little piece of Meridian paradise and tranquility, only then to have a bar set up shop next to us. (at present all houses either side are residential, though not too sure if inhabited permanently)

Thanks for your time :)

#2 suppafly

suppafly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:27 AM

There is not much you can do in the event a bar opens close to your house. Youll have to take a leap of faith, or sell your house later one so it can be a barĀ“s parking lot! 

#3 ChuckD

ChuckD

Trivia Hall of Famer

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:37 PM

This may help.  You may want to contact the business chamber for more info

http://yucatanexpatl...oise-in-centro/

OASIS DEL MAR VACATION RENTALS
https://www.homeaway...-rental/p212447 Progreso

0 user(s) are reading this topic