3 replies to this topic

#1 rcgntulsa2

rcgntulsa2

Supporter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

Hi all, just looking for some thoughts here -- our 2 story house in Telchac Pto needs some modest masonry repairs, in the 15,000 MXN range, and looked at by 2 different contractors we trust (not Whazzoo, but one that is mentioned favorably here from time to time, and one provided by our property manager).

Once that masonry repair work is done, the whole house needs to be painted, but we (ok...our budget) would like to do this in separate projects several (maybe as much as 6) months apart.  What concerns do we have with doing masonry repair now and exterior paint in 6 months?

Thanks for your thoughts!

PS -- As I read my post -- just to be clear, I am not suggesting that we do not trust Whazzoo (he bought our first house in Chelem years back) or that he is not mentioned favorably here on Yolisto ... only that he is not one of the 2 that has looked at our project!

#2 HenryVG

HenryVG

Super Advanced

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:31 PM

I thought you were clear about Whazzo. 

If it were MY walls, I'd at least get a coat of primer on the outside. 

OK, I really just wanted to get that "other" topic off the front page.

#3 rcgntulsa2

rcgntulsa2

Supporter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

I thought you were clear about Whazzo. 

If it were MY walls, I'd at least get a coat of primer on the outside. 

Why?  Not that I'm questioning that idea, just want to understand what risks/concerns I should be thinking about?  Thanks!

#4 ChuckD

ChuckD

Trivia Hall of Famer

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:05 PM

An unsealed/painted wall will let more moisture through.  It is probably a good idea to wait a few months after masonry work to allow it to dry completely before painting

OASIS DEL MAR VACATION RENTALS
https://www.homeaway...-rental/p212447 Progreso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users