Photo

Residente Permanente Flying Into Canun.. Have The Rules Changed?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dianedenver

dianedenver

• Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:56 PM

My sister flew into Merida this past week.  They told her they no longer need the top of the form for entry..  They asked for here resident card they scanned it and told her she does not need paperwork.  I am flying into Cancun this week, when I left I went to the immigration at the airport, had the form stamped.. 1/2 was given when I left the country the other 1/2 I planned to had them on my return.  So ....  has this changed?

#2 Dave_in_Ont

Dave_in_Ont

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

If it has changed it is a very new thing. When we left 2.5 weeks ago we also got our forms stamped and signed. The gal told us to hang on to the top half to present to immigration upon re-entry into Mexico. You have yours so hang on to it just in case. Friends of ours flew into Cancun today. I'll give them a call tomorrow and find out what their experience was and give you an update.

Driving Through Mexico

Eleven years snow free, and still counting on my luck!!!

#3 dianedenver

dianedenver

• Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:38 PM

Thank you Dave ... I'm curious what they were told

#4 Dave_in_Ont

Dave_in_Ont

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

I just spoke with our friends and they presented their FMM cards (top half) the same as we have all done for the past 4 or 5 years and there was no mention of any change in paperwork requirements.

Personally, I will continue filling out the FMM forms in the future. Just to be on the safe side. As always, it is better to have more paperwork than less!!!  :D 

Driving Through Mexico

Eleven years snow free, and still counting on my luck!!!

#5 dianedenver

dianedenver

• Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

Thanks Dave..  I really think it depends who you get going thru customs.  I plan to stay with the forms until a read otherwise.

#6 ELNIDO

ELNIDO

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:28 AM

Thanks Dave..  I really think it depends who you get going thru customs.  I plan to stay with the forms until a read otherwise.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Not customs, but immigration, are the forms you've been talking about.  We are permanent residents and gave them the top half that we'd retained during our absence from Mexico, per usual, just last Saturday. 

Customs is the "one per family" form to declare items.  We filled it out, but went through the "nothing to declare" area and, though they spot checked some, no one stopped us or asked us to turn that form in.  This may be where the confusion is coming from. 

#7 dianedenver

dianedenver

• Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

Thank you all for your replies...

I flew into Cancun on Frontier Airlines this past weekend,  I gave them the top half of my immigrations form and Residente Perm card.  At customs they just asked if you had tobacco.  Nobody wanted the customs form.  Collected my bag, was asked one question (no red light green light)  and out the door you go.  An hour later I was on the direct bus from the airport to Fiesta Americana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users