Photo

Donate your old tennis shoes for a good cause.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Harmony

Harmony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:12 PM

If you plan a visit to Progreso any time soon, please drop off your old tennis shoes and any school supplies you might like to donate to Bolom-Balam - ask for Richard or David.

The proprietors of Bolom-Balam are collecting the following items to donate to needy adults and children.  My understanding is that 2 or 3 shirts along with a pair of shorts and shoes are packaged together to be provided to a needy child or adult, along with a goody bag of school supplies for the kids.  All sizes on the shoes are welcome, but childrens sizes are needed most.  

Where to drop off items:  Bolom-Balam calle 80 No 122 Local 5 x 21 y23, Progreso.  (this is an arts and crafts tienda)

9991-02-14-90 or  9991-65-12-72

What to donate:

Tennis shoes (or other shoes)

Shirts

Shorts

School supplies

Thanks for helping!

#2 Dave_in_Ont

Dave_in_Ont

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,555 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:02 PM

Harmony...Great idea!

Any effort like this is very much appreciated by the less fortunate local folks. We are already commited to the efforts in Chicxulub though.

BTW....NOBODY would want my old sneakers!!! Ewwww smelly!!!!! 

About the only charity recipients who would want my old sneakers might be the dogs that are waiting to be adopted at the animal shelters??? And even they might turn tail and run!!!   

#3 Barb_in_Alta

Barb_in_Alta

Super Advanced

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

We'll be coming down in Nov. Can we still bring these?

#4 Harmony

Harmony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

Hi Barb_in_Alta.

Absolutely!  That would be great. 

#5 canamerican

canamerican

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

Hi,

I was happy to read of the clothing bank for children in Progreso. I will be there in October and am planning on bringing items, well as much as I can in an extra suitcase. I am a Volunteer Manager of a kids clothing bank here in Washington State. Since I will be around for a month, I was wondering if there were volunteer opportunities.

Thank you. Iona

#6 Harmony

Harmony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:23 AM

Hi Iona,

There are tons of ways you can help and volunteer.  Please feel free to call me when you get to town.  My cel is 9991-43-47-11.  If you like animals, volunteer at a dog sanctuary for injured and abused dogs.  I also know of an orphanage that a good friend of mine helps with, and they always need help as well.  Thanks so much for your message. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users