For Rent, Beach Front House In Chuburna Puerto

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

Our house has been rented. Thanks to everyone for help in getting this out. / lynette

Our newly remodeled house in Chuburna Puerto is for rent right now. It is two bedrooms, two baths, pool, large open air studio room above garage, garage for one not-huge car, outside shower, great big front terrace overlooking the ocean. The house is completely walled surrounding the pool, and out of view of the neighbors. You can use your own discretion as to swimwear.

We are in the actual village of Chuburna, two blocks off the town square. Available within just a few blocks is a small grocery market, a meat market, a tortilleria, and several tiendas for staples. Six or eight blocks is one of the best bakeries on the peninsula. The fresh pastry/bread people come around in the afternoon. Our neighbors are friendly and welcoming. On the left and the right of our house are vacation homes for families from Merida and from Tabasco. When they visit, they are quiet and pleasant ~ no big parties, just older retired folks with grown kids.

You do not need a car at this property. The combi vans pick up at the square and it's a short ride to Progreso, Merida, etc. The house has been redone in a style the local people call "rustica" ... traditional Mexican talavera tile throughout, beautiful hand made wooden doors and windows, floors of terra cotta. Solar water heater and pressurized water, gas stove, refrigerator. Protectores on all windows, double keyed deadbolt locks on exterior gates and doors.

This house is minimally furnished, thus the price. There's a great big king size bed where you can watch pelicans diving for breakfast without even lifting your head. Plenty of linens, an equipale sofa, chair, coffee table, and chaise lounge. A traditional :) Mexican dining table and chairs (plastico!), wooden bar stools surrounding the kitchen dining counter, a queen sized blow up bed if you have guests, and a few outdoor pieces.

Internet availability is your Telcel 3G stick. There is satellite television available in the house, but it has not been set up yet. You pay electric ~ approximately $40-50 per month. You'd be living a simple life here, but it is one we found to be exceptional when we were last there. It's simply furnished for now. On the other hand, pelicans, dolphins, and crashing waves right off the front porch.

Photos below include some the back of the house before it was finished. More photos available via email: US.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Bookworm

Bookworm

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:46 PM

WOW!
Beautiful, beautiful casa Lynette. That is absolutely the deal of the century for some lucky person or couple.
I know at that price you will find someone who looks after it and loves your casa as much as you and Mike do.

#3 lizard

lizard

Lizard

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

What a deal, where is that old post asking if the $500 a month rentals were a thing of the past?
BBQ Master for Lizard Joes AY AY AY!!!
www.lizardjoes.com
http://www.facebook.com/lizardjoes

#4 doble

doble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:35 PM

What a deal - and a very, very nice casa.
Saludos

#5 Karenanron

Karenanron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

No kidding it's a great deal. Wish we were in the position to get a place right now. Just my luck to have a great deal come by when I'm not ready .

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

Thanks people. Makes me sad, but it's okay. I believe one day we will be able to move, but that day isn't this one and I don't want the house to deteriorate over time. And it needs to be loved. It was / is our dream house. It has a wonderful feel to it, and living right in Chuburna is really cool.

#7 nebinkwe

nebinkwe

Super Advanced

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

Thanks people. Makes me sad, but it's okay. I believe one day we will be able to move, but that day isn't this one and I don't want the house to deteriorate over time. And it needs to be loved. It was / is our dream house. It has a wonderful feel to it, and living right in Chuburna is really cool.

Hey Lynette!
Just HOW far away from Progreso is Chuburna?
I'd be VERY interested in renting your house!
We are coming to Progreso on the 19th actually!
We're pre-booked into the Hotel Nicteha in Progreso
for one month while we look for something!
Two bedrooms is awesome! Does the second bedroom
have a bed in it as well?
Also, we are coming with our pet babies (2 cats,
male and female, both neutered,spayed, de-clawed,
fully vaccinated, de-wormed, etc, etc, etc.!)
We are looking at a LONG term rental as well! We
wouldn't be looking to go back NOB until end of May!
Please email me at: nebinkwe@gmail.com
:)
Sometimes in life, you never know when you're going to be handed a bunch of 'limons', but, living here in the Yucatan, you can make some pretty awesome Margaritas with those limons!! It's all in how you learn to 'roll with it' as they say! "Bottoms up, I believe I'll have another Margarita, por favor!"

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

What a beautiful house. I am sure you'll find a great tenant who will take good care of it. I was thinking just today that I wanted to get your advice about maintenance of the solar water heater - you kindly gave your recommendation on this kind of system a few months back. I'll send a pm with my question if you have time to reply. All the best to you and Mike. I have always immensely enjoyed your great writing and insights and hope your voice will continue on this forum and your blog, even if you can't be in the Yucatan.

#9 Dave_in_Ont

Dave_in_Ont

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,673 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

nebinkwe...

Just HOW far away from Progreso is Chuburna?

I am sure Lynette will respond too, but I figure, if you have your own vehicle it will take about 30-40 minutes to drive from Chuburna to downtown Progreso. We live east of Chelem and it takes about 20 minutes.

If you use the combis figure on a little longer. (they do stop here and there but the drivers are fearless and they make up time when they are moving and they drive a LOT faster than we do!!! LOL)

Driving Through Mexico

Seven years snow free, and still counting on my luck!!!

#10 Palindrome

Palindrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:38 PM

nebinkwe...

I am sure Lynette will respond too, but I figure, if you have your own vehicle it will take about 30-40 minutes to drive from Chuburna to downtown Progreso. We live east of Chelem and it takes about 20 minutes.

If you use the combis figure on a little longer. (they do stop here and there but the drivers are fearless and they make up time when they are moving and they drive a LOT faster than we do!!! LOL)

I'm not the fastest driver in the world, but from our house in Chelem to Progresso centro takes me about 10 minutes. From Chuburna to Progreso takes me about 25 minutes. My hubby said that I have to learn to drive like the locals, and I've taken that to heart.

Palindrome

#11 Dave_in_Ont

Dave_in_Ont

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,673 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

Palindrome...LOL...I like to drive safely, but also keep up with the locals too. :blink:

Seriously, I usually use the road that goes from the glorietta east of the bridge to the Bodega Aurerra corner, then down calle 78. It usually takes us about 20 minutes to get to the Malecon area. Bodega IS only about 15 minutes or so.

Cutting over to calle 31 after the glorietta is even slower with a few topes and traffic lights.

We have timed the drive several times...What seems like a short time is often longer than one realises. :lol: :lol:

Lynette your place looks great!!! And as others have said....What a deal for some lucky person!

Driving Through Mexico

Seven years snow free, and still counting on my luck!!!

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

It depends on which Mexicans you are following, if it's the slow ones you may never get there
as they might take a siesta before they actually get there!
But it's really not that far so it depends on if you drive 20 mph or 40 mph.

#13 CasiYucateco

CasiYucateco

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

Looks beautiful! I bet it is rented soon, if not already!

Did your talavera tiles come from Barro y Barro or some other source? (inquiring minds...) :P
{ Banner Free since 1978 }

• Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

Oh yes, Barro y Barro, which reminds me that I need to send her some photos. Dementia has attacked this evening and I cannot recall her name, the woman who loves loves loves all those cats. Do you know that she also had a couple dozen chihuahuas? And went home one day to find them all ~ every last one of them ~ dead. She was heartbroken, hence the cats.

#15 maricarmen

maricarmen

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:19 AM

Oh yes, Barro y Barro, which reminds me that I need to send her some photos. Dementia has attacked this evening and I cannot recall her name, the woman who loves loves loves all those cats. Do you know that she also had a couple dozen chihuahuas? And went home one day to find them all ~ every last one of them ~ dead. She was heartbroken, hence the cats.

I think her name is Maru, have not been there in a long time, but that name came up as I was reading your post. Lovely home Lynette, maybe I should rent it from you. lol Hope Mike is feeling better and you too, my best to both :)

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

Hi people ~ I just wanted to provide an update. Our house is now rented. I appreciate all the kind words and those who made contact to refer someone looking, etc. Thanks !! lynette (and Mike)

#17 Michaela

Michaela

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

Dear Lynette,
First of all I have to say that I am new to this Forum and I hope thatbI do not make any big mistakes :)
We are a family of 3 ( our daughter Frida is 7) from Germany and while searching the internet for a nice house to rent during our summer holidays (July9th to July30th) I came along tis site. Your house looks so beautiful and now I am wondering if you maybe have some space for us? I am looking forward to your answer!
Best wishes,
Michaela& Family

#18 MikeLinda

MikeLinda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

I love your kitchen. We're having our house built on the beach in Chuburna as I'm writing this. We'll be moving there permanently when it's done, sometime early/mid summer. Won't be long now! I'm having the typical mexican kitchen, such as yours, but with arches under the counter and the big hood over the stove. The layout of your kitchen is identical to mine. Anyway, we're putting Ticul all over except for the sink and the inside of the arches... I want something decorative. Where did you find the green tile? Is it ceramic? Looks wonderful.

#19 nebinkwe

nebinkwe

Super Advanced

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

I love your kitchen. We're having our house built on the beach in Chuburna as I'm writing this. We'll be moving there permanently when it's done, sometime early/mid summer. Won't be long now! I'm having the typical mexican kitchen, such as yours, but with arches under the counter and the big hood over the stove. The layout of your kitchen is identical to mine. Anyway, we're putting Ticul all over except for the sink and the inside of the arches... I want something decorative. Where did you find the green tile? Is it ceramic? Looks wonderful.

Hey Mike and Linda!
Just wondering WHERE in Ticul you found ceramic tiles to do your house with ?
I'm looking for Ticul tiles as well; we went to Ticul the other day to look, but, none
of the taxi drivers there knew what I was talking about!
I'd love it if you would be able to share your source for Ticul tile merchants !!!
thanks!! ;) :P B) :)
Sometimes in life, you never know when you're going to be handed a bunch of 'limons', but, living here in the Yucatan, you can make some pretty awesome Margaritas with those limons!! It's all in how you learn to 'roll with it' as they say! "Bottoms up, I believe I'll have another Margarita, por favor!"

#20 MikeLinda

MikeLinda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hey Mike and Linda!
Just wondering WHERE in Ticul you found ceramic tiles to do your house with ?
I'm looking for Ticul tiles as well; we went to Ticul the other day to look, but, none
of the taxi drivers there knew what I was talking about!
I'd love it if you would be able to share your source for Ticul tile merchants !!!
thanks!! ;) :P B) :)

Hi! All I know is that I saw it while I was there and my realtor/contractor told me what it was called. Evidently, it's native to the Yucatan. I have no clue where he's getting it from for our project, but I'm sure it's not too far away. If you google it, you'll find at least one merchant in Merida that sells it retail. Let me know if you can't locate any and I'll find out more from him. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users