• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 TucsonJim

TucsonJim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Yeah!!!! Lizard Joe's has starting opening on the weekends(Sat and Sunday)2 to 7 P.M..Sherri and I ate there last week and must say ,it's very good and we are going back this weekend.I had pork ribs and Sherri had the pulled pork sandwich ,which We both would recommend them highly....The Armadillo eggs are DELICIOUS.....Beer is COLD...
and the after dinner surprise is perfect but you need to check it out for yourself.
We are currently leasing a Home in Churburna for 12 months to see how we like the area.
We feel like we have found Paradise and Love it so far.
We hope to develop a lot of good Friends over the next year.

#2 ChuckD

ChuckD

Trivia Hall of Famer

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Same sentiment from me. The barbecue is excellent!
OASIS DEL MAR VACATION RENTALS
http://www.vacationr...tals/15073.html Progreso
http://www.vrbo.com/315962 Costa Rica

#3 chuburnaman

chuburnaman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

If you are undecided about what to try, ask Paul for a sampler. Personally we think it all is good!!!

#4 dilsteruk

dilsteruk

Super Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

We tried it last week, the food was great, the location is great and the service was second to none!! we will be going back...LOTS oh and dont forget his prices thereeeeeeeeee Greeeeeeeat!!
we own Casa Rosa, comfortable beach front accommodation in Chelem. http://www.casarosamexico.com/ 

#5 ELNIDO

ELNIDO

Expert

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I can't wait to get down there ... 10 DAYS and counting. I've eaten the ole Lizard's vittles before so I know they're gonna be awesome. YUM!!!

#6 giovannivincinzo

giovannivincinzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Us city dwellers need to know........Where is it?

#7 ELNIDO

ELNIDO

Expert

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

I can drive there ... but directions are another thing. I looked them up (they have a website in construction) and it says they're next door to Yeyo's which is a B&B of sorts. I looked up Yeyo's and their proper address is calle 17 # 77 X 24 y 26 Chelem, Yucatan . Pull up a Bing map of Chelem and I'll bet you can find it! They're on the beach, which is north of the Chelem square. They're a couple of blocks or so west of the square, too.

#8 doble

doble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

If you are undecided about what to try, ask Paul for a sampler. Personally we think it all is good!!!

And what is the "gas quotient" of the menu?? - isn't this the Lizard who uses a bedsheet to unsuccessfully protect his sweetheart from harmful emissions caused by eating beans??

We'll definitely try Lizzie Joe's next time we are in Chelem. :)

#9 ELNIDO

ELNIDO

Expert

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

And what is the "gas quotient" of the menu?? - isn't this the Lizard who uses a bedsheet to unsuccessfully protect his sweetheart from harmful emissions caused by eating beans??

We'll definitely try Lizzie Joe's next time we are in Chelem. :)

The one and the same. But, uh, Lizzie Joe's? :o Them's fightin' words. :blink:

#10 iowahawkeye

iowahawkeye

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

Find Hotel Las Garza on the west side of Chelem. Then follow the beach road 1 3/4 blocks east and Lizards will be on your left.

This thread is giving new meaning to the term "Meat Puppet".
"facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams

#11 chuburnaman

chuburnaman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

For the directionally challenged. Proceed from the main road into Chelem past the Glorietta. No turns. Turn right at the first road
past Bullpen and before TacoMaya. Then take the first right on the beach road. Follow it about 3/4 a mile (1.4 Kilometers) and
Lizard's is on the right on the beach.

#12 Dave_in_Ont

Dave_in_Ont

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

For the directionally challenged. Proceed from the main road into Chelem past the Glorietta. No turns. Turn right at the first road past Bullpen and before TacoMaya

Chuburnaman... I believe you meant "past the main square in Chelem"?

Driving Through Mexico

Seven years snow free, and still counting on my luck!!!

#13 iowahawkeye

iowahawkeye

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

For the directionally challenged. Proceed from the main road into Chelem past the Glorietta. No turns. Turn right at the first road
past Bullpen and before TacoMaya. Then take the first right on the beach road. Follow it about 3/4 a mile (1.4 Kilometers) and
Lizard's is on the right on the beach.

If you make a right turn at Bullpen/Taco Maya and travel 1.4km you will be very very wet! You could probably swim to Lizard's with these directions.

From Progreso or Merida follow the main road into Chelem and continue until the end of the pavement. You will be in front of El Bullpen and Taco Maya will be at the nw corner of the intersection. Turn right and go to the next street (a sand alley imho), turn right and go 1 3/4 blocks. Lizard's is on your left.
"facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams

#14 TucsonJim

TucsonJim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Paul and Cynthia,I am sorry I started this thread.....The response is so strong for Your cooking that we may not be able to get a front row seat next trip.Just JOKING keep on smoking the vittles til we arrive.See ya soon.....
Jim and Sherri
We are currently leasing a Home in Churburna for 12 months to see how we like the area.
We feel like we have found Paradise and Love it so far.
We hope to develop a lot of good Friends over the next year.

#15 doble

doble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

The one and the same. But, uh, Lizzie Joe's? :o Them's fightin' words. :blink:

Dontcha know that in Mexico the diminutive form of a person's name is really a term of endearment. We're not in Kansas anymore!!

Still unsure about the directions - to Lizard Joseph's establishment ( a more formal approach!!) ;) ;) - will I need a boat or not?? OK - go to Tacomaya/Bullpen corner, turn toward the Gulf, then ?????

#16 iowahawkeye

iowahawkeye

Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Dontcha know that in Mexico the diminutive form of a person's name is really a term of endearment. We're not in Kansas anymore!!

Still unsure about the directions - to Lizard Joseph's establishment ( a more formal approach!!) ;) ;) - will I need a boat or not?? OK - go to Tacomaya/Bullpen corner, turn toward the Gulf, then ?????

1 block turn right (east) 1 3/4 blocks and Lizard Joseph's is on your left. Hurry!

#17 doble

doble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

1 block turn right (east) 1 3/4 blocks and Lizard Joseph's is on your left. Hurry!

Thanks Hawkeye. I've got my bearings now - I need help, not being a Chelemite.

#18 lizard

lizard

Lizard

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to serving you. We and the staff are stilling learning the ropes and we are still finding/fixing the flaws in the facility, but come on out and give us a try. We are only open on weekends with food service Sat & Sun 1-8, We will serve drinks with botonas Fri 6-9, Sat 1-9, Sun 1-8.

Posted Image

Catering and Large Volume Orders require at minimum of 1 week notice.
BBQ Master for Lizard Joes AY AY AY!!!
www.lizardjoes.com
http://www.facebook.com/lizardjoes

#19 dilsteruk

dilsteruk

Super Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Dont fancy doing breakfast than? there is no one around here at the moment what with Paul and Carol and the Bull pen all being closed? Hey How about Lizzie Joe's for the breakfast shift and Lizard Joe's for the later market :D :rolleyes:
we own Casa Rosa, comfortable beach front accommodation in Chelem. http://www.casarosamexico.com/ 

• Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Wishing you great success, and we look forward to stopping in on our next trip down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users