#1 Jardinero

Jardinero

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

Hi there,

A new Yolisto member since August 24 and Mérida neighbour of ours, ChrisK, can't send or receive messages.  Is there a delay before being accepted? Can someone do something about it?

Thanks for your help,

My wife is an angel! "Lucky you", said my boss, "mine is still alive"

#2 CasiYucateco

CasiYucateco

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:35 PM

I looked up ChrisK's information. It seems they've filled everything out, but never made a post. Unless someone makes three approved posts, I do not think they become active with full access to all site tools. 

This is done to keep "bots" from spamming the website and other problem issues. And it does happen. Somehow, without anyone ever approving the "member name" a spamming robot placed almost 60 posts in every topic, most of them in very old threads recently.  I had to go through and delete all the posts individually, none of which appeared to any regular members because they were awaiting moderation approval.  The "bot" (from the Ukraine) stayed attached to the site for some time, but has since moved on.

If ChrisK would like to send YoListo messages, he/she/they should make three posts in any topics of interest so they become an "approved" member. There are no other restrictions or limitations on their account other than that which I can see.

{ Banner Free since 1978 }

#3 Jardinero

Jardinero

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

ChrisK tried to reply to an existing topic but got this message: "You cannot reply to this topic"

I suggested him creating a new topic and see if it works.

#4 Jardinero

Jardinero

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

ChrisK tried to reply to an existing topic but got this message: "You cannot reply to this topic"

I suggested him creating a new topic and see if it works.

Minutes ago, ChrisK sent me an email telling me that he wasn't allowed to do that either.

#5 CasiYucateco

CasiYucateco

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

I've checked the profile again. It is in the Validating stage. There are no restrictions. He does not show signed into the site at this time.

I'll send a note to Khaki to see if she can see anything going on with the account, but I don't see any issues. One thing you might try is inviting him over to try to post from your computer. That's a dumb idea, I'm sorry. I think you're in Canada now, aren't you Jardinero?  I'll keep checking but at least I can say we have put no restrictions on his account.

Edited by CasiYucateco, 06 September 2014 - 04:55 PM.
User has not validated the Email yet.

{ Banner Free since 1978 }

#6 TestCCaccount

TestCCaccount

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

I just created a new account to check to see that things are working properly. Once a new account is created, the following appears on the screen.  I'm wondering if the validaiton of the Email address didn't take place?  Just trying to work through all the possibilities.  I received the validation Email immediately and was able to validate and post this message, which I then approved as my other "person." :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you TestCCaccount. Your registration has been submitted.

The community administrator has chosen to require validation for all email addresses. Within the next 10 minutes (usually instantly) you'll receive an email with instructions on the next step. Don't worry, it won't take long before you can post!

The email has been sent to EmailAddress!@EmailServer.Com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Email Received looks like the following, but with different links / names, etc:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TestCCaccount,
This email has been sent from http://www.yolisto.com/index.php

You have received this email because this email address
was used during registration for our forums.
If you did not register at our forums, please disregard this
email. You do not need to unsubscribe or take any further action.

------------------------------------------------
Activation Instructions

Thank you for registering.
We require that you "validate" your registration to ensure that
the email address you entered was correct. This protects against
unwanted spam and malicious abuse.

To activate your account, simply click on the following link:

http://www.yolisto.c...do=auto_validat

(Some email client users may need to copy and paste the link into your web
browser).

Not working?

If you could not validate your registration by clicking on the link, please
visit this page:

http://www.yolisto.c...=register&do=05

It will ask you for a user id number, and your validation key. These are shown
below:

User ID: 39999

Validation Key: 9997ac5632ea1ddf0bcf02358ee5cc99

Please copy and paste, or type those numbers into the corresponding fields in the form.

If you still cannot validate your account, it's possible that the account has been removed.
If this is the case, please contact an administrator to rectify the problem.

Thank you for registering and enjoy your stay!

Since the account lookup from the Admin point of view shows it is in the Validating stage, I think he has not yet completed that step.  If the Email is not apparent in his own Email folder, try checking the Trash or Spam folder.  Hopefully, ChrisK will see this and not need to relay everything with you. But I'm happy to keep trying to help, however it works!  :lol:

Edited by CasiYucateco, 06 September 2014 - 04:24 PM.
Adapt Test Post and explain further.

#7 Jardinero

Jardinero

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

I've contacted Chris and asked him to come and read your response.

Thanks a million.

#8 Jardinero

Jardinero

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

I've checked the profile again. It is in the Validating stage. There are no restrictions. He does not show signed into the site at this time.

I'll send a note to Khaki to see if she can see anything going on with the account, but I don't see any issues. One thing you might try is inviting him over to try to post from your computer. That's a dumb idea, I'm sorry. I think you're in Canada now, aren't you Jardinero?  I'll keep checking but at least I can say we have put no restrictions on his account.

No Casi, we've been back home in Merida for a week now and will stay here until June 2015. Actually we will only spend 2-3 months a year in Canada for the next 9 years, having become 'Canadian students' outside of Canada which maintains our health system coverage. I hope being able to register in one of Merida's University for a master degree in archaeology. You know, that's where and how you learn to decipher your goddamn old bones and hopefully find a way to cope with it knowing someone's been there before you. LOL

#9 chrisko

chrisko

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

I have tried and failed to make contact with my original registration. I have re-registered with a different email a count and all seems good.

Thank you

#10 HenryVG

HenryVG

Super Advanced

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

I've gotten this "you may not respond to this message" error before when I had forgotten to sign in before reading.

OK, I really just wanted to get that "other" topic off the front page.

#11 YolistoKhaki

YolistoKhaki

Veteran

• Administrators
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

The ChrisK account expired because we never got confirmation from the validation e-mail. If you didn't get one, it could very well have gone to your spam folder. Just this morning, I was late approving a notice about yesterday's Gypsy Market because chuburnaman's e-mail went to my spam folder. Sometimes these computers and/or the internet itself take leave of their senses. My apologies to ChrisK - and relief that the second try (chrisko) went through without a hitch.  

#12 Jardinero

Jardinero

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

All's well that ends well, well sort of...LOL

Now who's gonna explain to chrisko the introductory beer ritual he needs to go through at his expense to become an official VIP (Very Intoxicated Person) Yolisto member?

#13 pollypocket

pollypocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:12 PM

I am new to the boards and my account is also pending approval 

#14 YolistoKhaki

YolistoKhaki

Veteran

• Administrators
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:25 PM

A new membership is only delayed until the person replies to the validation e-mail we send them.

After that, the first three posts are moderated, meaning that they wait to be approved until a member of the administration or moderation team signs on and approves the posts.

Had your membership still been pending, you would not have been able to make your post.

Let us know if you have any more problems.

#15 PaulBe

PaulBe

Super Advanced

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

test

#16 Sparky123

Sparky123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:41 PM

So I will comply with the 3 post requirement to assure everyone I am not a robot : ) This is my 1st of 3 post : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users