Photo

Anyone Teach English Online While In Mexico?

mexico esl tesol tefl english education school

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 banat4

banat4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

Curious to speak with someone about it.

Cheers.

#2 VivianePB

VivianePB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

I don't, but I have done so in Canada. Might consider doing it here as well (using the same online platform) if/when my translation work dies down.

#3 lencho

lencho

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:40 PM

I don't, but I have done so in Canada. Might consider doing it here as well (using the same online platform) if/when my translation work dies down.

So were you teaching ESL online?  What platform?  I've always been curious how well that actually works; pronunciation, for example, seems hard to teach over a computer...

#4 VivianePB

VivianePB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:46 PM

So were you teaching ESL online?  What platform?  I've always been curious how well that actually works; pronunciation, for example, seems hard to teach over a computer...

Hey lencho. By "online", I mean using a webcam with Skype. Sounds just fine. The platform I was using was italki.com. If you don't have credentials as a language teacher, you can sign up as a language tutor and help with conversation practice. The platform has several sections, including a lesson schedule with built-in reminders and payment options (you set your own schedule and price), a general forum, a place to write stuff and be corrected by natives, a place to ask language questions, another one to find language exchange partners, etc. Everything is free, except the lessons with tutors/teachers. The site makes money off of commissions when tutors/teachers get paid. If you have any other questions, shoot.

#5 lencho

lencho

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:04 PM

Hey lencho. By "online", I mean using a webcam with Skype. Sounds just fine. The platform I was using was italki.com.

Very interesting resource, thanks!  I may end up utilizing it... :>

#6 VivianePB

VivianePB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:08 AM

For anyone wondering if italki is a good option for them, here's an excellent detailed review of italki from the founder of Fluent in 3 Months: http://www.fluentin3.../italki-review/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mexico, esl, tesol, tefl, english, education, school

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users