La Casita de Chelem

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has or knows someone who has rented one of the 3 beach houses owned by Mauricio Abraham Pinto Escamilla in the Progreso area? I found the rentals on vacationrentals.com (at a very reasonable rate) but am having difficulty finding any other info on the rentals or this family business. Any infomation would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Guests

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:37 AM

Not familiar with him, but that means nothing, as there are many folks who own homes in the area that they rent out. You may want to ask him for the email addresses of a few past renter references, these people should be able to give you the highs and lows of the properties.

• Guests

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

Thanks TerryandMike. That's a good idea-Janet

#4 yogagirl

yogagirl

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

My husband Barry and I just stayed at Mauricio Pinto's property for 2 months, Jan-Feb 2010. He has 3 houses on one property. All 3 are very unique and special. Our house was on the beach, pool seaside, shutters throughout, so we could hear the ocean all the time. Good screens too. We had a wonderful time, we had t.v., English channels, internet, comfortable futon, beautiful gardens, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths. The best part of all is that Mauricio, His Father Jose, and Sister Lizette, the 3 family members that own the Casas, are all very responsive, attentive, and gracious to all your needs and wants. They greet you on arrival and departure. The property is very safe and private. We loved our stay there, met many wonderful new friends that rented the other 2 houses, and would recommend Mauricio's properties to everyone. They are located just off Aricefes entrada. Lots of North Americanos own along that beach, so many potential new friends to be made. Feel free to contact Barry or I with any more questions about these properties.

#5 anne2225

anne2225

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

I have rented the same house in November. Very nice property. Internet was extremely slow though! Even with the shutters closed you could hear the ocean.....

#6 crashmaster

crashmaster

• Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

anne2225 I am thinking of renting the same porperty this coming November.
Can you tell me if I will need the air conditioning that time of year.
Is there any living room furniture? I can't see any in the pictures on the rental site.
Does the master bed room have the king bed and a bath or is that the room with the double?
Any info. would help. We are coming down for the first time to look the area over for retirement in a couple of years. We hope to meet as many expats as we can and ask tons of questions.

Thanks Crashmaster

#7 smaclean

smaclean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

<span style="FONT-SIZE: medium">My husband Barry and I just stayed at Mauricio Pinto's property for 2 months, Jan-Feb 2010. He has 3 houses on one property. All 3 are very unique and special. Our house was on the beach, pool seaside, shutters throughout, so we could hear the ocean all the time. Good screens too. We had a wonderful time, we had t.v., English channels, internet, comfortable futon, beautiful gardens, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths. The best part of all is that Mauricio, His Father Jose, and Sister Lizette, the 3 family members that own the Casas, are all very responsive, attentive, and gracious to all your needs and wants. They greet you on arrival and departure. The property is very safe and private. We loved our stay there, met many wonderful new friends that rented the other 2 houses, and would recommend Mauricio's properties to everyone. They are located just off Aricefes entrada. Lots of North Americanos own along that beach, so many potential new friends to be made. Feel free to contact Barry or I with any more questions about these properties. </span>

That is great to hear Yogagirl, we are staying there at casa del xix for 2 weeks starting Feb. 26th. Mauricio seems like a lovely man from our correspondance.

#8 anne2225

anne2225

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

@ Crashmaster............the oceanfront house that we rented was very nicely furnished. you don't need an airconditioner in november. negative: he tried to add additional things to get a higher rate: like pool cleaning: 25 usd : we said that we would clean it ourselves. garbage pick up for 1 week: 15 usd., tell him that you will bring the garbage to the dump yourselve 1 big bag is 10 pesos. we paid 40 usd for internet which was extremely slow. the 2 bathrooms were pretty basic, maybe he upgraded them in the meantime, i don't know, there was no bath tub. if you would like to receive pictures of the interior i can send them to you. i made some pictures because i liked how it was decorated.
http://yucatandreamproperties.com find your dream property today!
We offer professional real estate services in Yucatan Mexico.
Our service goes beyond selling real estate, we can help you with building permits, new construction, renovation to American/European standards for
Mexican prices!

#9 crashmaster

crashmaster

• Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:37 AM

Thanks for the information . Do you think the extra fees are unusual or do they all do it to get in your pocket?
Has this happened to you in other places?
Yes I would love to see your pictures.
Does the house have a living room?
Did the bedroom with the king size bed have a connecting bath?

Thanks crashmaster
Terry Myers
e-mail ctmyers@comcast.net

#10 anne2225

anne2225

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

@ Crashmaster I have send you add. info and pictures
http://yucatandreamproperties.com find your dream property today!
We offer professional real estate services in Yucatan Mexico.
Our service goes beyond selling real estate, we can help you with building permits, new construction, renovation to American/European standards for
Mexican prices!

#11 GypsyFish

GypsyFish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

That is great to hear Yogagirl, we are staying there at casa del xix for 2 weeks starting Feb. 26th. Mauricio seems like a lovely man from our correspondance.

Hi smaclean!

We are renting La Casita de Chelem to look for property the second week you are there, so we will be neighbors for a short while. We will look forward to meeting you!

#12 Keach

Keach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

Howdy! I asked about availability of La Casita de Chelem through the form on VacationRentals.com about two weeks ago, and then again about a week ago, but haven't heard back yet. Do you think I should just assume that it's not available? Or, maybe the form doesn't work and I should be hunting down an email address? Or maybe I should just cool my heels and not be so impatient? B) Suggestions welcome!

Looking forward to visiting the Progreso area last week in June. We are looking for a weekly rental that sleeps two and has a/c, and are hoping for beachfront. La Casita de Chelem looks ideal from the photos and description.

#13 lizard

lizard

Lizard

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

Likely they are bad about checking their email?????? I would probably start looking for alternatives
BBQ Master for Lizard Joes AY AY AY!!!
www.lizardjoes.com
http://www.facebook.com/lizardjoes

#14 durs

durs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

Hi, I am renting 2 of the houses starting this wednesday, and I have had prompt replies (and payment requests) since I started correspondence early Feb.
Looking forward to sun, sand and fish! I will gladly answer anything I can after our stay.

#15 Keach

Keach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

Lizard and Durs--thanks to you both for your replies.

Lizard, I was starting to think that you were right and that I should just give up, but, Durs, you give me hope. Do you have a direct email address for the owner that you could share? Maybe neither of my messages reached him.

#16 lizard

lizard

Lizard

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

Lizard and Durs--thanks to you both for your replies.

Lizard, I was starting to think that you were right and that I should just give up, but, Durs, you give me hope. Do you have a direct email address for the owner that you could share? Maybe neither of my messages reached him.

I never said give up, just have a plan B :)
BBQ Master for Lizard Joes AY AY AY!!!
www.lizardjoes.com
http://www.facebook.com/lizardjoes

#17 durs

durs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

Keach, I have sent you a PM.

#18 ChuckD

ChuckD

Trivia Hall of Famer

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:30 AM

One of our apartments may be available in case you need a plan B or C. See the link below

Chuck
OASIS DEL MAR VACATION RENTALS
http://www.vacationr...tals/15073.html Progreso
http://www.vrbo.com/315962 Costa Rica

#19 nueveninos

nueveninos

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

Our newly constructed 2-bedroom beachfront casita near Chelem is now available for rental. PM me your email addy if you would like photos and details.

#20 GypsyFish

GypsyFish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

We just came back from spending a week at La Casita de Chelem. We used it as a base for house hunting. Very gracious owners, and nice beach house. Mauricio's mother had fresh flowers and a basket of fruit waiting for us.

I did have to email Mauricio my questions several times. He is very busy and I assumed he was getting lots of email and mine were sometimes buried. He gives excellent directions from the airport to the Casita, so there are no worries about finding it.

The living room is furnished with a futon and 3 rocking chairs. The master suite has a queen bed and the second bedroom has a king (this room is beach side). The second bathroom is off the kitchen. Mauricio asked if we would like a maid to come in and we declined. That was fine with him. He just wanted us to know what was available. The dump is not far from the house, and trash pick-up supposedly was not available in the area. However, one morning a man came and asked for our garbage. He and his wife were on a three wheel bike with a basket. He took all our garbage and we tipped him well. It saved us a trip to the dump.

The terraces around the house are a plus as 3 days it was quite windy and we were able to move around the house to avoid it, but still enjoy the sun. The house has many doors and windows for fresh air. We did not use the air conditioning. In fact one night I turned off the ceiling fan and added a blanket to the bed.

The first night we were there we saw dolphins, and we were entertained every day by the pelicans and seagulls. The morning we left a large flock of flamingos flew by. They were beautiful.

We had trouble with our cell phone dropping calls and not calling through to numbers. We would get a message in Spanish, which we couldn't understand and then the call would end. Our realtor suggested buying a cell phone there and the cards to put minutes on them. We will do that when we go down to furnish our Casa.

We used the internet and it is slower than what we are used to in the U.S., but very sufficient.

We really loved staying at La Casita de Chelem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users